Monday, June 13, 2016

Like a king on television – Diario Uno

H won the Oscar for his portrayal of Hannibal Lecter, one of the greatest villains in movie history, but now he plays a titan of theater in decline in the new TV movie The Dresser, Anthony Hopkins says . that “was not meant to be an actor”

“I wanted to be a musician, but I got sidetracked into this business by mistake,” Hopkins said, adding: “I continue to hope thinking that someday someone will say ‘ I’m sorry Tony, you’re in the wrong ‘business’.

But the industry has no such doubts. Hopkins was nominated for an Oscar for playing President Nixon in the eponymous film by Oliver Stone, John Quincy Adams drama about slavery Friendship and loyal butler Stevens in the remains of the day. Finally, won the Academy award for best Actor for Lecter, a cannibal murderer and serial silence of the Lambs.

Now, in the Dresser – soon will debut on the small screen in Argentina- the 78 Welsh actor Sir plays a cantankerous dramatic actor riding a rickety production of king Lear and combating ailments of age.

Ian McKellen is his co-star as Norman, his devoted assistant Camerino, in a tasty sample of acting ability of two British aristocrats (both have been knighted by Queen Elizabeth II).

the Dresser is a adaptation of the play by Ronald Harwood, a bittersweet ode to the theater with their lawsuits, camaraderie and magical transformations on stage.

Hopkins has not so fond memories of his own experience the legendary company National Theatre Laurence Olivier.

“I found an absolute purgatory. All those endless twists being a role without dialogue, running with rumpled stockings to the Otelo Olivier” he said.

“I’m not good at working in a team, I’m a little wild and a little crazy. I simply want to go out and do something different and I could not stand the routine. afternoons rainy Wednesday in Waterloo Road made me think of ‘God , what a life so depressing, ” ‘he said.

Hopkins focused on film roles after having his screen debut playing Richard the Lionheart in the lion in winter 1968.

It is famous for leaving a theater production of Macbeth midseason 1973, and has not acted in theater for nearly 30 years. One of his last roles on stage was in a production of National Theatre in 1986, precisely in King Lear.

In this regard, he recalled that was not very successful was because it was “too young, he was too it confused and too unstable “to play the disgraced Shakespearean king.

” I just wanted to run the theater. it was not anyone’s fault, David Hare made a good production, but I was not the height, “he said about that experience that now plays portray on television, with other seasonings.

the producer Colin Callender said the television movie began as an attempt to attract Hopkins on stage in a new production The Dresser. Callender flew to Los Angeles to meet with Hopkins and he assured her: “I’ll never do this in the theater, but I will for television ”

Hopkins said film this telefilm -recorded. at Ealing studios and the great theater of London Hackney Empire made him have a great time as an actor.

“the work is so well written and Ronald Harwood touches the essence of the actor. I thought ‘yes, I know this guy, I know exactly how to interpret it because I’ve been that, I’m that,’ ” he said, laughing

Here, Hopkins plays fragments of King Lear and experience he has. given value to address once again the tragedy of Shakespeare. So much so that play the king in a TV version made by the company Callender for the BBC.

And that made you think differently version for theater.

“Ian tries to return to the stage, but I do not have the courage to do it. I do not think, I’m not sure, it’s something that let pass around in my head, maybe one day,” he said.

is also action hero

in addition to being confirmed to participate in the upcoming film of the Marvel hero Thor, Ragnarok will be called, recently it became known that Hopkins also join the . Transformers universe

the British will be under the command of Michael Bay for Transformers film: the last knight. This is the fifth film in the series that began in 2007 and based on Hasbro toys.

And before year-end will be released in Argentina the tape Collide.

Source: Efe via Telam.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...