Friday, November 14, 2014

Gourmet Desserts: “I’m a safe bet on TV” – HOME

hard to imagine Gourmet Desserts (Beasain, 1948) as a withdrawn person on the street, but that it is defined. “Yes, I’m a shy and with a sense of the ridiculous out of the ordinary. And see if I do and say stupid things, but only what I control,” he says. In his sauce, television and food, sprouts this chatty cook, live and without affectation that made the kitchen a media phenomenon two decades before this new wave of programs and realities around the kitchen it became fashion. “A bubble,” he adds, “but this is not going to ruin.”

If the current program schedule compared to 1991, when he made the leap to television, few places and faces have survived and almost none with much success. “I saw Elena Santonja in With Handed and I liked what I was doing she had guests not cook thought.. ‘That would make me, a cooking show,” but never I figured it would last more than six months, “he recalls. A quarter of a century and more than 5,500 programs then your prescription Antena 3 still leads many mornings over the policies and affairs that are issued to that time slot gatherings. Is it a bargain Arguiñano for strings? “A bargain not think, but a safe bet,” he says. “I’ve spent years without looking at the audience and now only a few times a week. I was not overwhelmed. If I were a bully schedule with the requirement to give a million and average daily so that your work does not go to hell … but it is not the case now, “he says.

The Gipuzkoa enjoy and like it, so, at 66, has not really thought how and when to hang up the apron on television. “Much can not be me [laughs]. The truth is I have not thought about that, but I would not leave it all at once. Maybe do a program just for the weekend, away from the prime time So far, I have signed this season and the next, “explains

I have been years without watching television audiences

Gourmet Desserts was, along with Pedro and Juan Mari Arzak Subijana among others, one of the pioneers in the late seventies New Basque Cuisine, key to understanding the current successes of the Spanish revolutionary movement stove. Although his career would then take another course. “Also I was in the creative line, huh. But I realized I was going to cost more for much less. I had more chances in the traditional way. What will you do on TV one lobster thermidor if no one has money to buy? “.

The binomial kitchen television was the solution in time” some economic pufos “that you pressed the lever and building empire. Besides peek every noon for Antena 3 with Flag parsley, produces and markets wine and oil, has a restaurant, a cooking school, a television production that, in addition to its program of other classics such as grilled charge Decogarden or Bricomanía , a team of motorcycle racing in the World, tucked in pelota and has published dozens of books. The latest, Family with Gourmet Desserts (Metro), recently made 350 recipes in your program. “I’ve always been left and I’ve noticed now, after 60, that I am an entrepreneur. But I’m still left, so I have it clear. I’ve always thought you have to be with the poor, which does not touch them the lottery. What I’m most proud of is that in 20 years and how ignorant I was, I began to pay salaries and have paid all. “

It has never hidden his ideological bent, but in the Lately, between sofrito and fried, the other has become more visible with their criticism of politicians and bankers. “Nor is anything combative say if was not going to stop those who are now in prison. They are things of pure logic. You see that the Basque President Extremadura [Monago] made many trips to the Canary Islands and then his party colleagues stand up and applaud … Someone has to say something! “he exclaims. “The other day I was at the presentation of the Planet awards and touched me in a very strange table with Sanchez Drago, Pilar Urbano, Elpidio Silva and Revilla And this he looked at the judge, looking at me and say. ‘Look to start from scratch, “he says with a laugh. Have you ever given a touch up? “Nothing, not above or below. Televisions have never been told what I have to say, and this I have to thank publicly.”

View the legion of followers, the chains will have offered several times to jump to other formats, whether of food, such as competitions in vogue now, or otherwise, but he has always been clear. “I’ve told everyone that no, I was stubborn about it. My format is that I manage fine. I do not want to be in a program very successfully for six months and then retire. I’ve proven that I’m right” sentence. Yes, proudly claimed their pioneering role in the affair now lives between television and food.

He was probably the first media chef in Spain. After his first year in TVE (the television premiere had taken place in the Basque public channel ETB) in 1992 and received an award as a character revelation of the screens and the following year won the waves. Since then it has gone through several chains, has tried his hand even in other countries, such as Argentina, and always with the favor of the audience.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...