Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Jorge Lanata: “In broadcast television there is excess panelismo” – La Nacion (Argentina)

The driver Periodismo para todos released today a series of entertainment that tests the intelligence of the participants

Photo: tHE THIRTEEN

in recent years, since 2012, Journalism for all (PPT), the program of Jorge Lanata in the thirteen, became a sort of flagship for political journalism on television, becoming one of the most productive plants of allegations of corruption Kirchner government.

Surprisingly, this year Lanata decided to discontinue the emission cycle. He moved to Miami, where does his daily program on Radio Mitre; leaves, movable by, in Telenoche and writes a weekly column on Saturdays in Clarin. But also have its weekly program on broadcast television. Smarter Argentina, a proposal that will be entertainment, today, Wednesday, at 22.30

How did this political journalist migration cycle driver entertainment?

-The who has followed my career a little knows a guy who was never stand still or doing the same for long. PPT last year there were many very good results, but it was also very intense and very stressful. The truth is I wanted to stop for a bit, take a break from the political issue. Like I’m not out of politics. Four hours per day on the radio I talk about politics. In my newspaper column I talk about politics. In Telenoche I talk about politics and if I make a special PPT, too. I went a little piece of it, but not quite. Nor I had wanted that to happen in a year like this it’s complicated. Making this program is like a breath, and do something different, take a break.

-For that could walk around Miami. Why do an entertainment program?

‘I enjoy making something I never did. It’s good, I learn something different. If I want to see in relation to what I’ve been doing, you could say they are positive values ​​the program. I will not say it is my vocation conduct a program like this lifetime. I will do this season and then see.

The smartest Argentine is the local version of a Canadian cycle is called Canada’s Smartest Person in the country and is a leader in audience for two years. The format is based on the theory of Howard Gardner, whom Harvard Lanata interviewed for the series Twenty-six people to save the world, he recorded for the Turner group a few years ago-according to which there is no single type of intelligence, but nine different forms and that all can be developed. In each issue competing four people, two men and two women, of different ages. They are subject to various challenges that allow them to see how they work in some of those types of intelligence. Some issues involved celebrities, evaluating the performance of the contestants. “In the first program will be Mario Pergolini to evaluate a test of linguistic intelligence in which participants must improvise a speech. The second will be Mariana Fabbiani and Juan Jose Campanella giving his verdict on other tests,” he adds Lanata.



Photo: tHE THIRTEEN

If you had to compare it with other entertainment proposals there on TV, where would be the difference?

‘what there are programs that challenge the culture of the participant. I will not ask questions of general culture. The challenges are to make them think. Intelligence challenge is understood as a tool to make their way in life.

‘Do not you worry that the offer of political programs on television that there will not satisfy people to feel informed as PPT?

-The PPT team still armed and running. In fact we continue Telenoche reports. When we do a special something strong. People can continue to count on us. As for what is today, I think television political programs open missing

‘Do you think

‘ I do distinction.? Programs politicians are one thing and programs panel, another. What is now broadcast television is an excess of panelismo. In my opinion-and with this I’ll make a few enemies the panelismo is not necessarily journalism. There are good and panelists who are journalists, but others are even. That ends up detracting from these programs, because anyone think of anything. It’s like a meeting of neighbors in the village reviewing an autopsy. What do you know about that? Are coroners? It is believed about very specific things without knowing anything. If the programs more newspaper would not happen. A journalist when writing or when speaking of a thing it is supported on the information. Do not write or say anything. In the panelismo everything it is debatable. For me this has a political corollary, it is also a legacy of Kirchner.

Explain to me a little. How do you get there?

With the Baldwin disappeared facts. It was all according to who said it. But it is not, the facts exist. One consequence of this false disappearance of the facts was this outrageous appearance of panelismo

Now that you’re in Miami, tell me. Does it look different from the reality of Argentina from the outside

He’s out a little good to realize that the country always discuss the same things. We are a fairly recurrent country. But actually in my case but I am in Miami’m very connected to what happens in Argentina. I’m laburando here in an Internet thing that is technical, but on the other hand, as I told you, my profession requires me to be in constant contact with the country, as if he lived there.

‘And how long do you think it will be before you chop the bug back full time with a program of political journalism?

‘ I managed to go out with a mobile channel for Telenoche from here and, when needed, special leave. What we do not fix is ​​the number of programs to be made. It may be one or five, or may be ten. It depends on what goes over. I am ready to go with the program as many times as needed, because I know what people expect. The public wants to see PPT in the air. So today 80% of my activity remains political journalism. There is a 20 no. But if needed I will use the 20% too. The entertainment program can still be done without problem. The distance to go on record does not count. There are eleven hour flight to Buenos Aires. Not so far.

Entertainment program

From today, Wednesday, at 2230, by El Trece

in this note:

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...