Saturday, March 28, 2015

Andrés Parra: “In the Chilean television could be happening more … – LaTercera (Registration)

Days before coming to Chile to begin with Sitiados recordings, co-production of Fox and TVN and created by Carmen Gloria Lopez (now executive director of the state channel), Andrés Parra got married and gave the apartment he rented in Bogota. Colombian actor chose to combine their work with personal projects, and just stepped country planned his honeymoon in the south. “We were in Puerto Montt, Puerto Varas, Chiloé, Villarrica and Pucon. We were treated very well Chileans go back for exploring the north, “says the man who played Pablo Escobar in the narco novel pattern of evil. “I enjoyed these four months of filming in Chile and I was very interested to get into the city. I used a lot the subway, I loved to go downtown. Only a few restaurants, where waiters are Colombian, I recognized. It’s been a learning experience. Before he was ignorant all about dictatorship and here I was surprised because it’s something you gotten very interested me a lot. “

What was your first encounter with Sitiados?

I got two pages of script, I read it and found it so novelero. After I ordered a whole chapter, not judge the book by the cover. In fact, I suck to know if something is right or wrong. So are always other reasons that lead me to get involved. I think that was the theme of the time what love me, then history. After reading the eight chapters I realized I needed to be.

How much studied to build your character, Juan de Salas?

I read some Chilean history, as the Mapuche culture and found it very interesting. Fortunately, the art team had everything very clear, what was done and what was not, at that time. In the process of putting the character I am very Mateo.

He is truly sinister …

Juan de Salas is a Spanish conquistador, those dogs faithful servants of the Spanish crown. Has a particular condemnation and disgust particularly the Indians. Not able to say Mapuche. He despises the indigenous race and has a mission is to continue conquering, colonizing continue and further expand the Spanish power. But running with the misfortune of falling in Chile and meets the Mapuche.

Are you more attracted to this type of character?

The evil characters are fascinating because they have to find out what’s behind that evil is very entertaining. Getting into that universe is fantastic because you discover a character who also has goodness, has feelings and lonely. You discover that are full of empty. The bad is not a happy guy and is surrounded by loneliness, and Juan Salas has been no exception. He has an entire internal crisis and I feel very sorry for him. It is full of frustrations and bad luck. More over he had to raise only his daughter and at that time it should not have been anything but easy.

How was it working with Carmen Gloria Lopez?

She is wonderful. I understand that now is the big boss. The work she did in Sitiados was important, was the writer, the original idea and he was there despite its short time, trying to defend your project as possible. Carmen Gloria is a woman who despite their power, their status, is an amazing human being. It is very human, very simple and very knowledgeable of screenplays and television.

Do you think that Chile is a good level to do this kind of co-productions?

I think the Chilean television is on a level that could be happening much more. More Prófugos more files Cardinal. The scripts that make here are very good and the acting level is great. Hopefully Sitiados Chile serve to make more of these international productions. Hopefully there will be a second, fourth, sixth season. I happy to return to Chile and to be with the same cast.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...