Sunday, March 22, 2015

Cycling – Degenkolb fulfills a dream: “I saw on television the … – Yahoo Eurosport ES

<- - google_ad_section_start!>

It was one of the names on everyone’s lips and John Degenkolb (Giant-Alpecin) emerged at the finish line to overtake Alexander Kristoff and raise his arms, brilliant winner of the Milan-San Remo, his first Monument.

It was not for less, the German is jubilant. “Still I can not believe. This is incredible. Since I remember, was one of the races I saw with my father on television, the victories of Freire (winner in 2004, 2007 and 2010) and the other runners. So Via Roma win again arrival, it is a dream that comes true now, “he said. “It was very quick on the Poggio and I had to fight not to give in and suffer, but my form was good and hard work in recent weeks and months has been rewarded,” said

“. Ago one year was one of the great disappointments of my career, I had the legs to do a sprint like today. It was not easy to forget, “added

Degenkolb summarized the keys to his success.” I managed to put myself in a good position at the top of the Poggio and prevent falls and then in the last two kilometers it was fighting for position and trust your gut. It was save, save and save for not arrive with an empty tank to Via Roma. The whole team was great, staying out of the wind and making everything easier. Tom [Dumoulin] did a great job to put myself in the Poggio. I am very proud. “

Marc Reef, sports director of Giant-Alpecin confirmed the feelings of his pupil. “It’s a very special feeling to get the first win in a monument of the team. This was the first real goal of John of the season and preparing for the race was very good and disciplined. Hard work always pay off.

I am very proud of the whole team, everyone had their role and we completed a very good race. The guys did an amazing job to keep John in the right position at the right time. “

Read more articles Biciciclismo.com

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...