Wednesday, August 20, 2014

“If television was a serious industry, I would be working” – The País.com (Spain)

When Pepe Navarro is on the street and stop the fans, their children hallucinate. None, not even the oldest, aged 19, lived in that period it was the god of Spanish television. However, the king of the night hearings and conducting programs like Tonight we cross the Mississippi or The Pelican smile a map disappeared overnight. Almost 20 years later, in his book The Legend of Mississippi (Akal, 2014) his strange disgrace.

question. What was Pepe Navarro

Answer. I wish I knew. The circumstances of this country and television, which is not an established industry. It is the business of a few and ride it as they please. If a serious industry, I would be working.

P. How do you go from being a god of television to disappear from the map?

R. The gods do not exist, is proven. It’s like going 200 miles per hour on a highway and slam on the brakes. There is always a slog that makes you ask a lot. But if your aim is not just a job, it is less dramatic

.

Pepe Navarro (Córdoba, 1950) grew up and studied in Barcelona. He has worked on everything imaginable. As in his book, I just do not let you do now is what he does best.

P. Are you banned?

R. I do not know. But I can not practice my profession, which he did over 18 years ago and 40 you would have to ask those who decide. In a normal industry, I would be priced in the market, like any other.

P. I know in his book, it’s a long story, what happened?

R. I do not know. I got kicked out for revenge of a man named Pedro J. Ramirez. He had power and ran.

P. Why did he want revenge?

R. Well, you better read the book. But, of course, has nothing to do with his famous video. I never saw him, nor do I care. But it was because we’re talking about something that he was not interested.

P. Are you aware that this whole story that may sound like conspiracy theory

R. That’s been my world.

P. But it’s kinda awesome …

R. To you it looks like? It was my life and was into that story. And there are things that I have no proof that I have overlooked. This profession is part of a very different universe. But what story is what happened.

P. Could also have to do with the way in which they treated the subject of Alcàsser and rugged drift generated

R. No, I think it was good information. Very tough, but based on concrete data. When it started to get out of hand as the subject zanjamos to extend it. Both Fernando and Ignacio [two of the parents of the murdered girls] to leave them out in the program.

P. But they said Animaladas important and everything took a character very sensational.

R. As you have said about the 11-M. The approach was serious and rigorous.

P. This case also swept away Nieves Herrero.

R. I do not also know in the book do not talk about the matter.

P. After this book itself that you can definitely say goodbye to TV.

R. I do not accuse anyone. Tell you what happened. I have contacted all the characters involved, though some have not wanted to talk. It’s not a revenge book.

P. If what matters is true, I would have wanted revenge.

R. Life is like that, no one put a red carpet. But having connotations and bordering public power, seem to have more light.

P. You had power.

R. Never used my work to handle the power, but to entertain and amuse. But we sold everything we put out, and we had a primetime.

P. From the sofa at home they looked like they were like a goat.

R. That was the spirit. The nonsense, absurdity, all spectra of humor and a way of seeing life differently. A perspective somewhat tuned, controlled chaos.

P. All had plenty Street.

R. Some more than others. But the street was fundamental. Out came The Poison. Or Flo, who had never worked and it was the security guard.

P. What was The Poison

R. No idea. It was a very good person, but sometimes life takes you to places you do not want. He is a very sincere, very real. That’s why it worked so well. When that went errant public monument received truth. The reporter found a park in the West doing what everyone knows he did.

P. That would be uncontrollable.

R. Yes, it was part of the fun. He did not speak to her before leaving the set, always fresh wanted.

P. You will be out of hand the program

R. No, I was always controlled. There was an excellent team.

P. The Martian Chronicles was the heir to the Mississippi

R. No. Chronicles is a program that made a friend. He entered with a dynamic Big Brother … But each is saved as they see fit. A program that lasts eight years must be considered and respected.

P. With you started trash TV

R. do not know what is trash TV. That used to disqualify an enemy. But I invite you to watch the program and see what is. A television as McLuhan said, is judged from the writing and always go wrong stopping. Writing is thinking, and television is intuitive and focuses more on the emotions that the brain. I could also say that in the press there is a lot of garbage.

P. Are you offended?

R. No, that television is due to other patterns, rather opposite.

P. Do you like TV today?

R. has been downgraded to monothematic. In a solvent industry will be multifaceted. But here, all programming was done in the same style of a program that has won.

P. And what doing now?

R. Surviving, no one. But I look at life from the age of 14. I’ve done everything mechanical, pharmacy, El Corte Ingles, have been disc jockey, player … I struggled. Life in the end is always the same. Now I have four children, which to me is a sensational breath.

P. Do you miss those days?

R. Well, the time … This profession is not a lifestyle, not a job. One way to very rich life because you have the ability to be everywhere. That dynamic longs, not the times past.

P. Would the TV?

R. is the I know what I do and always have. If I am not doing is not because they want to.

P. At least it will be removed cabezón complex, now that he goes on TV …

R. Ja, ja, ja. I was not the most stubborn of the program. We did it because we liked to play with that. The first thing is to laugh at yourself. Warehouses have had very few or none. That comes with fear, and I have no fear.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...