Monday, September 19, 2016

Luis De Llano, the ‘mr. television’ – The Financial

His mother said it jokingly, but he took it very seriously: "To be an intellectual you have to read six books a week. And being a sucker".

The words of Rita Macedo delimited its claims for the rest of his days, he says.

"I’m not going to ever be an intellectual, I will be a cult of the subculture. Tenelo clear seems important to me, to not aspire to something that I would not know how to defend," shares Luis de Llano Macedo.

His life has been tied up since forever entertainment. His father was a radio man. Remember that, in the baths of the XEW, Luis de Llano Palmer came to write the scripts of The monk mad, when he did not even have an office. Rita Macedo, meanwhile, lived under the spotlight of the golden age of mexican cinema.

"That is my past, that I’m done," judgment of the great pioneer of television formats and musical, who most recently presented the first part of his biography, entitled Records Pop.

"For me, the pop has existed since 1962, when I began to see what was the rock ‘ n ‘ roll and the world around it. While I was in college, my mom and my sister (Julissa) evolved in the intellectual world of Mexico, made experimental films with Juan José Gurrola, and Carlos Fuentes (the late husband of Rita Macedo) made several scripts in which they were acting," she shares.

Aware that he spent his childhood in boarding schools in Mexico and he studied in a military college in Texas, while his father developed the Same mexican, so that when he came to visit in the country, the holiday of the young student were intense.

"he Brought 30 gringos to spend Christmas and took them to see the lights in the Mall, then to the hotel del Prado to see the mural by Diego Rivera; that contrast is the pop," he says.

"I was student of the college, with five military bases around, they were always on alert because it was the era of the Cold War, and Mexico, with a great movement of new artists , actors, writers, painters. Went back and forth until I came to stay in 1969 and I began to evolve my own peace and love. First was a rebel without a cause and after I was back In a gadda da vida".

Plain, who is defined as a man of optimism, he overcame a cancer more than a decade ago, and is convinced that his work is part of the medicine.

"creativity is the only thing that keeps me healthy," he says. "My spiritual life is my family. I have two girls that I adopted and I am very grateful with God, because I have grown sons and the thing with my daughters, I came very close to him. All of this has changed my perspective."

SCREEN display OF the TWENTY-first CENTURY

The television is in the process of reinventing: the way it’s done, it looks and sells, says the creator of programs such as Cachún cachún ra-ra, or Videocosmos, as well as telenovelas juveniles.

Luis de Llano recognizes that with the increase of channels and platforms for audiovisual, television has become. "I don’t think they die, on the contrary, the challenge is to improve the content. I bet for a public television, not cultural nor populachera, that it becomes an instrument of daily life in which you don’t have to be interacting with a machine."

according To the producer, that the TV should not lose is the function of the company, as before was the radio.

In that sense, considers that the first television was the campfire. "In prehistoric times gathered around the fire to dream and there were myths and legends," he says. Today virtually every person has a device.

But to return to that spirit congregador, the TV will need to recover the credibility. "We are in a time of very significant change, finding a new tv, with new figures, and we need to regain confidence in our spokespersons".

And is that even the dreams are exhausted. "We can’t live the stories of Cinderella, snow White and sleeping Beauty. You’re already seeing that the family has changed, the single Dad that I did 25 years ago, he could not do right now".

however, defends the fantasy that feeds the small screen. It is a reflection of the reality, but aspirational, ” he says. "People don’t like to look bad and I think that this tv should now have a proposal of where we’re going, we drive more to be more mexicans, to have more values. The series about narco are a fad that will pass. Also it was fashionable Topo Gigio, don’t you remember? How many things have been out of fashion!".

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...