Thursday, May 7, 2015

Bachelet gives bombshell and announces cabinet reshuffle by … – The Counter

It is not easy for President Michelle Bachelet and the Government of the New Majority days. At the outbreak of the Penta any opposition experienced one of the biggest collapses in approval, reaching only 9%; then, after uncovering business Caval, joined the case SQM, the red reached the ruling and the same head of state.

That was evident when knowing the results of the latest survey Adimark, which They showed that the approval of President Michelle Bachelet remained at 31%, but his disapproval rose three points and reached 64%, the highest among both periods of the governor. Meanwhile, the government’s performance as a whole is in free fall, the approval of the work fell to 26%, while disapproval climbs to 70%, five points over the previous survey.

the same president of GFK-Adimark, Roberto Mendez, confirmed that “the government has a 70% disapproval. That figure is more bad we have recorded. Only comparable with a figure that was in August 2011 in the government of Sebastián Piñera. When the students had taken the city … Alameda, universities and various social movements marched. We really are in a bad time, “he said.

” I think that Chile is experiencing a crisis of mistrust, “the President said tonight in an interview with Mario Kreutzberger in T13 . He said that is something that has dragged on for many years and that “the best way to restore confidence not only in me but in the country, institutions, is to fulfill the promises” he made in his campaign.

Also he said that “the issue involving my son and my daughter” has been a very difficult time, “I’m so sorry, as I was in a place far away and fragmented information received, I did not realize the dimension problem. If I had known I would have returned to Santiago to dispel a number of things. “

He likewise a mea culpa by how fronted Caval case, he regretted” not having perceived, well it is known what was going on. When I go on vacation, go to a place with no radio, no TV, no nothing, I was not reading the newspapers, “he said. “I must have it me come,” he said. But when asked if his advisers advised him not to return, he replied, “I was advised not to return”

He also assured that the time “was hard” because “people do not believe me.. Because I said I was wrong, I did not realize what was happening. ” Finally he said “I think it was reckless to go to that meeting,” referring to the role of his son under the case Caval.

As for what they have meant the poll numbers Adimark to his cabinet, said that “some days ago asked for the resignation of all ministers, I’ll give you 72 hours to see who stays and who goes. No it did before because we are going for a couple of months super tough situations ago, “along with adding,” I have not had time to get closer to wonder who for each position, but I will give within 72 hours. ”

He explained that “this is based on that I considered necessary to evaluate the management and the team will accompany me in this second cycle.” When asked if influenced ballots Interior Minister to the company Giorgio Martelli, who billed SQM, the President said he is fond of Peñailillo, like all ministers, but added that “I want to emphasize that I have made a determination beyond personal, this is the time to make a cabinet reshuffle. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...