Sunday, September 6, 2015

Don Francisco revealed his secret on TV – The New Dia.com

The lights and cameras of “Sabado Gigante” program are still pinned. Family entertainment space, which began with the name “Giant Saturday” on Channel 13 in Chile in 1962 and then in the United States grew as “Sabado Gigante” – will remain live two editions. But its main figure, known Don Francisco, the cycle is over.

Mario Kreutzberger began to take leave since last April when the television network Univision Hispanic informed that the program that reached a loyal and large audience for 53 years ending on September 19.

Speaking by telephone with The New Day what represents the end of an era in Latin television The famous Chilean animator 74 does not denote sadness or nostalgia. As best describes the emotions that live in the face of his farewell, though he wants to remain active in the television-is “nervous proud.” “Proud of what we have done, and nervous because we are entering a new stage, but I’m perfectly willing to do so and because for me the end of this cycle, and it happened.”

In the past five decades, where he amassed countless experiences, from receiving talents in his show when just born artistically as was the case with Shakira, to help thousands of families across the Telethon Chile, Don Francisco takes with him have known “the value of solidarity, the value of perseverance, the strength of the family “and the ability to connect with people. Otherwise, it will in what will be his third publication entitled What I learned.

How is preparing to stop watching TV after 53 years?

“One door closes, you have to open two windows, a cycle is closed, you must open a new one. It must be very difficult, but I can not say what it is because I have not had opportunity to live “.

When you think about it, how it displayed?

” I started at 22 and I’ll be 75 doing the same, therefore it is difficult for me to say my feeling, what I’m going to live in a couple of days, do not know “

Are you satisfied with the work

“Yes, I am very happy, I am proud of what has happened in these 53 years and I think my colleagues too, because I am a representative of the work of many talented and generous people behind chambers “.

Do you understand that what he did everything on TV?

” I would say I did what I could do. Surely I wanted to do more and I could not. If you ask me what I do not remember, because the mind does that, which hides the difficult things and keeps the others, but I thought surely I had many dreams I did not keep and changed by new dreams. “

How do you compare television was in its infancy at which he experienced lately?

“At the beginning I was nobody. I had to fight my way in between reviews, misunderstandings, and I with my perseverance, go ahead. I started from nothing, was the scriptwriter, set designer, painter, when I started was that. I it was a one-man band without orchestra “.

How is the challenge of the Internet and social networks will alter work?

” I was so complicated much, but we must also think about the following: when I started it was very difficult to enter the TV because it was a private club, it was very few people who worked there, most working in radio, in newspapers, on television very little. Today many people work in the media, that is, there are many people who want to be in the media and there is much more competition. “

What future for traditional watches television?

” I think the problem is not in the traditional television or the Internet, the problem is in the content protection. This interview will be published in the daily and once published, the 200 will be repeated in different places, in different ways and you will not pay your daily weight with respect to the expenditure had, yours salary , the salary of the person who printed, the ‘overhead’ of the company, then there is the problem of all media and music, there is little protection to content “.

“Sabado Gigante”, being an entertainment program, was platform for artists, was an accomplice to the needs of Latinos in the United States. What is the legacy he leaves the program?

“Is that along with being an entertainment program, a program we do not only friendly, but helpful to people and where the connection is in this case, because it was very different to the program to Chileans to do so in the United States, and then internationally. Here we are only united by the same language, but also by the needs, to have an acceptance of power integrate the general market, we could get a status, could get dignity as an immigrant and to raise your family integrated into American society. So that’s very different from what the people need in Puerto Rico, or very different from what the people need in Uruguay. So we had to do a combination of all. And in that sense a program like ours can help. “

What will happen to all those people who religiously awaits every Saturday, sometimes in search of relief in his words?

“I think that whenever there is a need, eventually someone covers, it will appear someone to cover it. Someone will find out what or how is the key to approaching this audience, or more (the van to discover) and will be divided viewers but viewers are not going to be without television, without seeing images any means “.

Are you worried about the audience leaves, and he will be missed?

” But I’ll try to be on another platform in another place, another time, maybe on the same channel. “

That seems closer than you might think …

“That is my desire.”

Any particular project?

“There are many and there is no concrete”.

Also on Univision?

“I’m first contract with Univision and has to be on Univision”.

What about the incident that the journalist Jorge Ramos was taken from a press conference by order of Donald Trump in the wake of comments tone racist who has made tycoon against immigrants in the United States?

“The first thing I say is that I am against any kind of racism, because once also suffered discrimination. I think what Donald Trump has done is a racist attitude, because he has a perfect right to say that you disagree with immigrants, immigrants spoil the economy. You can say anything. What we can say is that all immigrants who come here (US) are rapists, because that’s not true and I think that is an opportunism of Donald Trump. So that does not mean I transform criticized me like Jorge Ramos, an activist. This means that, being part of this community and work for the Hispanic community, of course I have to be on the side of the community I represent. “

Some memories you treasure the time in the program?

“There are many memories and say that’s pretty unfair, because it would have to think too hard to make a real ‘rating’. But the memories, the first day I got the chance to do a program on Channel 13 in Chile in 1962; the first day that allowed me to open a door here in America when it was full of illusions; when I received the tribute of the Hollywood Walk of Fame, when I gave Pope John Paul II the award and so could name 100 things, or 200 things, but do not have the ranking to be fair “.

Did you take part in the decision to end ‘Sabado Gigante’?

“Let’s not exactly how it happened, because in 2012 I agreed with Univision to finish at the end of 2015 a new contract, but I had been asked to develop new talents and at the same time the company wanted to stay with the format, and then explained to me that the change was within the company and the change Also there have been in the audience did not want to keep the format, and the program was completed earlier than was told. The program ended on December 31 and finally ends on September 19 “.

Does that change by Univision took him by surprise?

” No, I think that was what he was saying in my contract. They faithfully fulfilled what was in the contract and I imagine that corresponds to economic and management company that I can not discuss reasons “.

How healthcare with you it takes?

“I’m in good health, but I’m not doing health, because I’m on a diet, so I can not drink that has alcohol. So I say I’m in good health, but I’m not doing health. “

Apart from the professional, what you want to spend time now?

“Little more time with their children, women and grandchildren; want to write a book called “What I Learned,” I want to try new projects, and then begin, so there is plenty to do. “

In these new projects will be as producer or as an animator too?

“The two cases, producer and against it.”

Do not like the idea of ​​leaving the screen …

“No, I’m a man of screen”.

Is the stage where you feel most comfortable?

“I feel fulfilled when I can communicate with the public.”

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...