Sunday, September 8, 2013

From film to television - La Prensa (Nicaragua) (subscription)

By Fabian W. Waintal

At other times, the stars of TV went to the cinema as the best translation of success. That’s how Bruce Willis, John Travolta or even George Clooney and Jennifer Aniston completely left television. But today, the film stars seem to build on the success of certain TV shows to leave behind the film completely. The best example is Elisabeth Shue, who accepted the challenge to join the original hit CSI, in the character of “Julie Finlay”.

::: How come movie actors move into the same world of television than before they wanted to avoid?

guess there’s a definite change in our culture to television, because it also is becoming less film. The movies are harder to make, require too much investment, you risk much less and the actors do not find material that stimulates us so easily, especially if we certain age. In the last ten years also appeared in TV shows HBO fabulous as Mad Men and guess that slowly I was increasingly interested television. For my family before I could do it but now I decided to try at least for a year or two. The good thing about a show like CSI is that contracts are annual and also gives me some freedom, because in the past, the series, I tied for six or seven years of your life.

::: film fired you forever?

also recently finished a movie with Selena Gomez, Behaving Badly, and I play a different character style classic Mrs Robinson, but more extreme, seducing the best friend of my 17 years. It’s a fun comedy and hopefully work well.

::: Having witnessed different deliveries of Oscar … how hard it was to lose the nomination to Leaving Las Vegas, compared with the glory of having shared an Oscar when she won her husband, Davis Guggenheim with An Inconvenient Truth?

It was so hard to lose the Oscar, because he had assumed he would win and I was thrilled that it had been delivered to Nic (Cage) because I felt that the two had created something together, in a way I felt part of his Oscar. And it may sound cliché but the honor had already had the nomination, really, I was grateful to be there.

::: And when Davis Guggenheim did win the Oscar with environmental documentary An Inconvenient Truth?

Yes, of course, be there with my husband was very special, because I was seeing someone I loved was recognized for something he deserved. That documentary was very important for the whole world (global warming), it was the perfect time to recognize it. It was great.

Where ::: keep Oscar?

‘s in the bedroom. In fact, Davis’s father, now deceased, had won four Academy Awards, also documentaries and had given one to my husband. And so we have the Oscar Davis, along with the other that the father gave him for a documentary on Robert Kennedy who had shown after he was murdered.

::: In other awards, the Golden Globe last, Jodie Foster said that maybe he would never be able to work … because he had turned 50? Considering that is about to turn the same age, October 6 … pressure feels like?

I think the situation changed, at least on TV, do not know much in the cinema. It’s funny, because now I remember a conversation I had with my psychologist, when I was 38. I remember we talked about what it meant to be afraid of aging in my career and gave me the best advice. He said, “You’ll never see better than today What will you feel bad then? ‘. And I always kept this advice, thinking that there is some relief as we age, because we no longer look young. With look good for your age, fine. And that’s not so hard to feel, now that I’m actually more mature. When you turn 40 the fear is too intense and very silly. But when you finally arrive at 49 or almost 50, finally accept how wonderful it is.

::: Why do you think the film still did not change the good prospect for mature actors like television?

Maybe the movie screen is much bigger, I dunno. I do not know. I guess you have to see the fear of risk you spoke before, because maybe there were movies with mature women who might not raised enough and decided not to try again. But recently there was a movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel which worked really well and everyone went to see it. Maybe it serves to make more movies like this, but do not bet on anything.

::: What is so fond CSI series to choose it as the big move into the world of television?

For starters, I had decided to work with CSI knowing my youngest daughter was in school. With a baby in tow, I could not decide before, not wanting to miss the time of your life. And I’m happy I chose CSI because besides having very good characters gives me enough free time to take care of my family and keep a balance.

::: Do you think they will make a movie of CSI?

No. I do not know, I guess I would have done it long ago. Do not? Sounds good, but it would be too much to ask, because I can think of no other similar series where you made a film.

::: Well, they did with X-Files.

Ah, yes, it is true, as with the HBO series with these girls …

::: Sex and the City …

Yes, Sex and the City. True, we have to make a movie, we.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...