Thursday, July 4, 2013

Arya, and other names Khalessi born television series - 20minutos.es

I’m going to make a confession, my name comes from a popular TV series in the 70s. My mother saw it, being pregnant, and decided that the name of two actresses (matched) was very nice if a little castellanizaba.

That same series

was responsible for popularizing the name “Laura” in Spain in the seventies. My mother sought the least obvious. And I’ve always liked my name. It is rare here, I’ve rarely found namesake, but I never bothered it was not usual.

is curious to see the charts for years made the biggest names children in Spain that has the INE. In those lists was in my holy and I fell in love Jaime name for the baby that we would have (taking into account our five rules when choosing the name).

Trendy names vary greatly from one year to another, and many of the new ones that appear can sense the influence of famous singers and athletes.

TV Series

no, actually, those are few. Perhaps more than film actors. I remember a girl named as Cristal, by that famous soap opera. But little else. I do not know if we are more conventional in Spain than in the United States looking for names or if records are more stringent, probably both.

mention the United States because there the influence of Game of Thrones is such that Arya has been the most popular girl’s name last year. It is a name that already exists, but has grown 450% since 2011. I just hope, as a friend said when I told him that these poor girls do not end up having the same fate in life that the character who owe their name.

Another name that has begun to appear in America is Khalessi . 146 girls in this country and are so called.

a name I have heard from Game of Thrones loudly in the park, yes. But it was meant for dogs. As Leias abound, Dexters and Frodos fours.

Do you know a child who owes its name to a TV series? Would you pondríais a name like that to your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...